Step by step guide on How To see deleted WhatsApp messages on Android.
With WhatsApp’s “Delete for Everyone” option, you may recover messages that were “inadvertently” sent to a recipient. Simply long-press the message, hit the “trash” button that appears at the top of the screen, and choose “Delete for Everyone.” If you do this within a certain amount of time, WhatsApp will display a banner for the receiver saying “This message was erased” in lieu of the original message.
Despite this, the feature is not perfect. Receivers can find methods to view and read deleted WhatsApp messages. Currently, reading deleted WhatsApp messages on an iPhone is not possible. This is how you can view deleted WhatsApp messages on an Android phone with or without the use of a third-party app.
Messages sent over WhatsApp can be deleted up to 13 hours, 8 minutes, as well as 16 seconds after they are sent. The receiver will still be able to view, copy, and forward the message after that point, but you will only be able to delete it for yourself.
How to see deleted WhatsApp messages
There isn’t a built-in option in WhatsApp that lets you view deleted texts. A third-party app that monitors the phone’s notifications must be downloaded. It’s important to note that the notice should be sent by the message so that the app can record it. When the chat is open or you were online when the message was received, this might not occur.
- Visit the Google Play Store and install a notification history tracking app. One of the nicest possibilities is Notisave. The app has received the most favorable ratings and the most downloads.
- Give the program all required rights after installation. The Notisave app will require permission to read alerts, images, media, and files in addition to switching on auto-start.
- After that, the program will begin recording all of your notifications, including WhatsApp messages.
- After that, you will be able to view WhatsApp messages using the Notisave app even if the sender deletes them. Despite this, the WhatsApp message’s content remains unchanged.
- You also have the ability to reply to messages using Notisave without leaving the program.
- The app is useful for reading alerts that you unintentionally swiped away.
Despite the fact that you may retrieve deleted messages, the program has a few flaws. If you choose to use the Notisave app’s free version, you will have to put up with advertisements; the paid version begins at Rs 65 per month. Other than this, the programme can only recover plain-text messages. GIFs, pictures, and videos that have been deleted cannot be recovered or restored.
How to see WhatsApp deleted media files
From WhatsApp’s settings screen, toggle the “automatically save photographs to gallery” option. Even if they are removed from the chatbox, this will continue to save media items like GIFs, photos, and videos locally in the storage, at least from the stored contacts.
Deleted WhatsApp messages can be seen without an app
You may read deleted WhatsApp chats without installing any apps if you have an Android 11 handset. Even after the recipient has erased a message, the OS has a built-in notification history feature that may maintain a record of all WhatsApp communications. Additionally, using it is totally free. To view deleted WhatsApp messages on an Android 11 smartphone, activate notification history as follows:
- Click “Apps & Notifications” in the Settings app after opening it.
- Select “Notifications.”
- Switch the button next to “Use notification history” by tapping “Notification history.”
- Following this, the website will display all of your future alerts, including WhatsApp messages.
- Every time you want to read deleted WhatsApp messages, you must repeat the same procedures.
The notifications will be stacked on top of the messages (anything from the last 24 hours). As if it were on the phone’s pull-down notification shade, you may respond to the notice by pressing it. The Android 11 notification history feature doesn’t retrieve media files, much like Notisave. Follow the previously described “how to see deleted WhatsApp messages files step” to do that.
- How to hide online status on WhatsApp?
- WhatsApp for Android Beta 184.108.40.206
- These 6 upcoming WhatsApp features will change the texting game forever
Messages sent over WhatsApp can be deleted up to 13 hours, 8 minutes, as well as 16 seconds after they are sent. There isn’t a built-in option in WhatsApp that lets you view deleted texts. A third-party app that monitors the phone’s notifications must be downloaded. Deleted WhatsApp messages can be read without an app if you have an Android 11 handset. GIFs, pictures, and videos that have been deleted cannot be recovered or restored. The Android 11 notification history feature doesn’t retrieve media files, much like Notisave.