Every Indian would be given a unique digital health ID card. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) to reform the country’s healthcare sector.
This plan involves a Unique Digital Health ID Card for each individual as well as digital health solutions offered by hospitals across India, simplifying the hospital process. India’s inhabitants’ health records would be digitally recorded and projected.
On September 27, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the commencement of the Prime Minister’s Digital Health Mission.
The National Digital Health Mission would connect the country’s digital health infrastructure (NDHM). The administration intends to make significant changes to the country’s healthcare system under this plan.
It attempts to use a digital highway to bridge the gap between diverse players in the healthcare ecosystem.
Unique Digital Health ID Card Overview
|Scheme Department||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India|
|Mission Name||National Digital Health Mission (NDHM)|
|Scheme Name||Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM)|
|Health ID Card Launch Date||27 September 2021 (Launched)|
|Required Documents||Aadhaar CardMobile Number|
|ID card Number||14 Digit|
|Health ID Apply Online Link||healthid.ndhm.gov.in|
What Is A Unique Digital Health ID Card?
The digital health ID card is a digital identity card that contains identifying information about the cardholder (such as health records). The health ID card is used to digitally access and share the cardholder’s health records in a simple and convenient manner.
What Is Unique Digital Health ID?
The digital health ID is a 14-digit identifier that is generated at random and performs three functions: unique verification, authentication, and linking of the beneficiary’s medical records.
This information will only be exposed with the beneficiary’s informed consent across different systems and parties.
The user can obtain a health ID by completing a self-registration form on the website or downloading the ABMD health records app on their mobile phones.
Who Can Apply?
A unique digital health ID card should be created by anyone who wants their medical records to be accessible electronically and wants to develop a unique digital health ID card.
How Can You Request The Creation Of A Unique Digital Health ID Card?
A citizen can obtain a unique digital health ID card by visiting a health facility, which includes both public and private hospitals, community health centers, and government wellness centers located throughout India.
What Are Personal Health Records (PHR)?
In order to manage consent and share health records in the future, the person with the Health ID must also create a Personal Health Records (PHR) address.
PHR is a simplified version of a self-declared username that enables the beneficiary to sign the Information Exchange and Consent Manager agreements (HIE-CM). HIE-CM is a program that facilitates the sharing and connection of medical records.
To facilitate the sharing of the user’s health records, the health ID must be linked to a consent manager. Currently, the person can use their health ID to sign up for the HIE-CM, which will provide patients with multiple consent managers in the coming year.
Documents Required To Register For The Unique Digital Health ID Card
ABDM currently facilitates the creation of health IDs using Aadhaar or mobile phones. It will also facilitate the creation of health IDs using PAN and driver’s licenses in the future.
For the construction of the health ID, the individual must provide their name, date of birth, gender, address, and cellphone number/Aadhaar.
If users don’t have their Aadhaar number, they can register with their mobile number instead.
How To Create a Unique Health ID Card?
Via Aadhar Card
- STEP 1: To create a Unique Digital Health Card, first go to the National Digital Health Mission’s official website, ndhm.gov.in.
- STEP 2: After that, people will see the choice for a Unique Digital Health ID Card. Make a Health ID.
- STEP 3: Next, select this choice, and the card-making procedure will begin.
- STEP 4: Individuals would now be asked for information from their Aadhar card.
- STEP 5: Verify one’s Aadhar number by using an OTP.
- STEP 6: Complete your personal profile by adding photos, date of birth, and address.
- STEP 7: A form will display, prompting users to fill in personal information.
- STEP 8: A health ID card will be generated after all of the information has been entered. It will contain all of your personal information, including images and a QR code.
- STEP 9: Anyone can also receive a health card by providing their Aadhaar number.
- STEP 10: Anyone can also receive a health card using their mobile phone number.
Via Driving License
Follow these steps to apply for an NDHM health card 2021 online using their driver’s license (DL).
- Step 1: Go to the official website of the NDHM (https://healthid.ndhm.gov.in/) and click “Generate ID.”
- Step 2: Choose “Generate using a Driver’s License.” Users will obtain an enrolment number once users submit the details, according to a popup window.
Via Mobile Number
- Step 1: Go to the official website of the NDHM (https://healthid.ndhm.gov.in/) and click “Generate ID.”
- Step 2: If people don’t have any IDs or don’t want to use them, anyone can generate a health ID. Choose “Click here” from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: To generate an OTP, enter the number, and then enter the OTP in the required space.
- Step 4: Create one unique digital health ID by entering all personal information and selecting a username and password.
- Step 5: Enter the username and password, as well as their mailing address, into one account.
- Step 6: Save a copy of one’s digital health ID card for future use.
Why Do You Need To Create A Unique Digital Health ID Card?
The unique digital health ID card enables users to access, share, and manage personal medical records on the Internet. In comparison to physical or traditional medical documents, personal medical records are stored in a secure and safe environment with a digital health card.
Some of the benefits of a unique digital health ID card are listed below:
- The smartphone app allows the user to quickly access any digital card.
- Participating hospitals, healthcare professionals, and healthcare centers can access and exchange pertinent records.
- The digital health ID can be deactivated or deleted.
- Personal medical records are easily accessible, safe, and reliable.
Benefits Of Unique Digital Health ID Card
The following are some of the advantages of having an NDHM ID card.
- Access personal digital health records, which include information about one’s admission, treatment, and discharge. All of this is in a paperless setting.
- Personal Health Records (PHR): Users have the option of linking their PHR to their digital health ID to build a long-term health history.
- Access to Digi Doctors: The health ID gives users secure access to verified Digi Doctors.
- Secure and private: The digital platform has been built with advanced security and encryption features. Every time personal PHR is accessed, users must give personal permission.
- This health data is only shared with participants involved once people have given their informed consent. Anyone can also manage and remove consent at any time.
- Simple registration: Anyone may create a personal health ID card with just some basic information and either Aadhaar or mobile number.
- There is no obligation to apply for a health ID card, and one can opt in or out at any time. Everyone is free to engage at their own discretion. Anyone can also opt out and have all data erased at any time.
Are Personal Health Records Secured?
According to the NHA, the ABDM does not keep any of the beneficiary’s medical records. This is with the encryption process, which is only permitted with the beneficiary’s approval, according to the retention strategies of the information on the ABDM network.
Upcoming Features Of The Unique Digital Health ID Card
- Doctors’ access would be validated across India as part of the new features.
- The health ID will eventually contain the beneficiary’s child as well as the beneficiary’s health information since birth.
- A nominee can be added to access the health ID and handle personal health records.
- There will also be a health ID that will enable inclusive access to persons who do not have phones via help techniques.
How To Deactivate Unique Digital Health ID Card?
The unique digital health ID card is optional, and one can opt-out at any time and reactivate it as needed. Here’s how to deactivate or erase one’s unique digital health ID card.
- Step 1: Enter one’s health ID or PHR, as well as their date of birth, and then click submit.
- Step 2: To sign up for an account, generate an OTP using either Aadhaar or cellphone number, or use the password previously set.
- Step 3: After logging in, go to “My Account” and click on “Deactivate/Delete Health ID” (deactivation of the current health ID is temporary, and one account will not be closed; however, anyone can opt to delete the health ID) and then “Continue” to delete or deactivate any health ID.
- Importance of Preventive Care Coverage in Family Health Insurance | Chola MS
- How to Download COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate?
- How To Run A Healthcare Business In The Metaverse World
- How to Use Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare
The analysis of health data, according to the federal government, will lead to better planning, budgeting, and execution of state and federal health initiatives.
People May Ask
Is Aadhaar Mandatory To Apply For A Unique Digital Health ID Card?
No, Aadhaar is not required in order to create a health ID. The health ID can be generated using one’s phone number.
What Is Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM)?
The mission’s main goal is to create a digital ecosystem that will aid in the integration of the country’s digital health infrastructure. The mission uses digital highways to assist bridge the current gap between diverse actors in the electronic healthcare system.
What Is A Health Facility Registry (HFR)?
HFR is a digital storage facility for all of the country’s health facilities. Diagnostic laboratories, clinics, hospitals, pharmacies, and imaging centers are examples of public and private health facilities. The system is highly secure and safe, and health facilities are free to enroll.
Is My Digital Health ID Unique?
Yes, your digital health ID is specific to your profile, and you may link all of your medical information to it. You can also create several health IDs to link various sets of medical records. You should, however, create a single digital health ID.
Is It Mandatory To Apply For A Digital Health ID Card?
The ABDM does not need anyone to register for a digital ID card. Anyone interested in participating in the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission and having their medical records available digitally should apply for a digital health ID.