How To Sync Message From iPhone To Mac- Go to Settings > Messages > Send and Receive on your iPhone. The information on this page is necessary for your Mac’s settings.
- iPhone iMessage settings.
- Open the Messages programme on your Mac.
- Pick Messages from the menu.
- The Preferences section of the Mac’s iMessage settings menu.
- Then choose Preferences.
- Press the iMessage tab
- the iMessage settings for sending and receiving on a Mac.
Has iMessage stopped functioning on your iPad or Mac? Here’s how to sync your messages from your iPhone to your iPad and Mac so that you can access them on all of your Apple products.
Here’s how to configure the Messages app on an iPad, iPhone, or Mac. You may then examine all of the text messages sent to and received from your synced Apple devices. Let’s start by learning how to link your iPhone to your Mac and iPad so that you may use iMessage on all three devices.
iMessage not functioning? How to Sync Messages from iPhone to Mac & iPhone to iPad
When I was completing my research for a recent post I wrote about getting texts on Mac, several users were wondering about iMessage not synchronising on Mac. Different from understanding how to transmit a text to your Mac or iPad, many people struggle to figure out how to sync messages from iPhone to Mac.
It’s often a communication problem with Apple’s Continuity function that prevents iMessage from synchronising between your devices. Make sure your phone number and email are both set up to accept messages on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac to solve this issue. You can sync text messages from iPhone to iPad and iPhone to Mac by setting it up and making sure all of your devices are signed in with the same Apple ID.
Get iPhone ready for Mac and iPad message syncing
Here’s how to adjust your iPhone’s settings so that texts may be synced across your iPhone and Mac and iPhone and iPad.
- Click the Settings app.
- Click Messages.
- Ensure that iMessage is enabled (it may take a moment to activate).
- Select Send & Receive.
- If the option to sign in with your Apple ID for iMessage appears, touch it and enter the account information for the Apple devices you wish to sync with.
- Ensure your phone number, Apple ID, and any other emails you use for iMessage are ticked under You Can Receive iMessages to and Reply From.
- Unless you have a strong preference for one of your email addresses, use your mobile number under Start New Conversations From.
- Your Apple ID may be found at the bottom. Make a mental note of this because you must be careful to use the same password on both your Mac and iPad.
- Go to Settings and choose FaceTime.
- Ensure your mobile number and Apple ID are selected under You Can be Reached by FaceTime at.
How To Sync Message From iPhone To Mac?
Here’s how to adjust your Mac’s settings so that messages may be synced from your Mac to your iPhone and iPad.
- Open the Messages programme on your Mac; it should be located in the Applications folder.
- Messages will ask you to log in if you have not previously done so.
- On the menu, select Messages, then select Preferences.
- At the top of the pop-up window, choose iMessage.
- You may see your Apple ID towards the top. Ensure it matches the Apple ID that is currently logged in on your iPhone.
- Check your phone number and all of the addresses you use for messages, including your Apple ID email, under You may be contacted for messages at.
- Under Choose the same option (phone number or email) that you did on the iPhone to start new discussions.
How to Sync iPhone & iPad Text Messages
Here’s how to change the settings on your iPad so that messages may be synced across your iPad and Mac and iPhone. The same procedures you completed previously on your iPhone apply here as well, except this time you’ll ensure that your iPad is linked.
- Open the Settings app.
- Click Messages.
- Your Apple ID may be required to sign in; make sure it’s the same Apple ID you use on your iPhone and Mac.
- Select Send and Receive.
- Find your Apple ID at the top. If you want your texts to sync throughout all of your devices, ensure it matches your Apple ID on both your iPhone and your Mac.
- Check your mobile number as well as the email addresses you use for iMessages, especially your Apple ID email, under You Can Receive iMessages to and Reply From.
- Choose the same email address or phone number that you did for your iPhone and Mac under Start New Conversations From.
You shouldn’t experience any more issues with messages not synchronizing between devices after doing these steps. You should be able to refer back to this article for a refresher on how to sync messages from your iPhone to your Mac or your iPhone to your iPad if it ever stops functioning once more. We can also teach you how to repair your iPhone if it doesn’t appear in Finder after being connected to your Mac!
- How To Change Alarm Sound On iPhone?
- How to change device name on iphone
- How to Rearrange apps on iPhone
People May Ask
Why is my iMessage on Mac not syncing with iPhone?
Using an iPhone Go to Settings > Messages > Switch iMessage off > Wait a moment, then switch it back on. Using a Mac: Click Preferences > Choose Accounts in the Messages app after launching it. Select Sign Out. After a little delay, sign in again.
Can I get my iPhone Messages on my Mac?
Simply use the Messages app on your Mac to get your iPhone messages there. You’ll be able to read your messages if your Mac and iPhone share the same Apple ID. If your Mac is not already configured in this way, you can log in the first time you use the Messages program on Mac by entering your Apple ID.
Why are my text messages not syncing across my Apple devices?
Send & Receive may be found under Settings > Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Open Messages on your Mac, select Messages > Preferences, and then click iMessage. Ensure that you have the same Apple ID logged in to iMessage across all of your devices.