The newly released Apple Watch ultra Series 8 and variants have microphone problems.
Many users have complained on Twitter that calling or using Siri on their watch causes the microphone to become unusable.
Some customers have even claimed that issues with the microphone render the relevant app utterly unusable.
It is noteworthy that Apple has recognized the problems and is trying to fix.
Why does this story matter?
- A microphone is an essential aspect of the gadget that facilitates voice commands, notes, and communication.
- Some people are having major problems speaking with their Apple smartwatches because the microphone has started to become consistently unresponsive.
- Users are unable to speak with Siri, make voice notes, or take phone conversations because their voices are not being heard well.
The problem could be temporarily fixed by restarting the (Apple watch) wearable.
- Apple claims that restarting the Watch Series 8 or Ultra would temporarily fix this software issue.
- Additionally, the manufacturer advises customers to upgrade their watch’s watchOS software.
- The business has also said it will soon release an update to solve the microphone issue.
- In the next days, watchOS 9.1 update may include the fix.
A user of a One Watch Ultra model is having “jelly roll” problems.
A Watch Ultra model has been claimed to have a “jelly roll” problem (or jelly scrolling effect) by one Twitter user. When one half of the display refreshes more slowly than the other, this issue frequently arises.
Series 8 Apple Watch
The Watch Series 8 has cases made of aluminium and stainless steel and is available in sizes of 45mm and 41mm. It has 5ATM water resistance and IP6X dust resistance.
It displays a Retina LTPO Always-On display. Storage on the wearable is 32GB. It offers a variety of aspects relating to safety and health.
The smartwatch has a battery life of up to 18 hours. There are GPS and GPS+Cellular versions available.
Ultra Apple Watch
- The titanium casing for the Watch Ultra measures 49mm. Along with MIL-STD 810H military-grade rating, it has IP6X dust and 10ATM water resistant certifications.
- The display is an Always-On Retina LTPO OLED. The wearable has 32GB of storage and offers several safety, endurance, and health-related functions.
- The watch provides backup for up to 32 hours. There is just one GPS+cellular version available.