In this article, we have covered how to change name on google account. Following the creation of a Google account, many of the Google services you use, such as Gmail, YouTube, Drive, Photos, and more, automatically utilize your Google account name.
It’s simpler to change your name on your Google Account so that it’s changed across all of your Google services, even though you can do it separately for a few specific Google services, such as when you alter the From name in Gmail.
Reasons to Consider Changing Your Google Name
Here are several justifications for changing your Google name:
- When you wish to officially change your first or last name and want to update it (such as updating it to the last name of your spouse after getting married).
- If you wish to use your first or last name’s initial.
- If you wish to follow your first name with a middle name.
- When you wish to substitute your middle name for your last name in order to maintain your privacy
- If you want to use your full first name instead of the abbreviated version, or vice versa (such as “John” versus “Jonathan” or “Mike” versus “Michael”).
From a web browser, within the Gmail iOS app, or through the settings on your Android device, you may modify your Google name.
How to Change Your Google Name on the Web
- Open a web browser and go to your Google account, then sign in if necessary.
- Choose Personal Info from the vertical menu on the left.
- Choose the right-pointing arrow next to your name.
- Fill up the blanks with your new first and/or last name.
- When you’re finished, click Save.
Note:- Try deleting your browser’s cookies and cache if your name has been changed but the old name continues to appear.
How to Change Your Google Name on Your Android Device
By going to the settings on your Android smartphone or tablet, you may modify your Google name.
Open the Settings app on your smartphone.
Step 1: Select Accounts.
Step 2: Click the account whose name you wish to modify by tapping it.
Step 3: Click Google Account.
Step 4: Click Personal Info.
Step 5: Click Name.
Step 6: Tap Save after adding a new name.
How to Change Your Google Name From Within the iOS Gmail App
There is no need to access My Account via a mobile web browser if you use the official Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad. It is available through Gmail.
- On your iOS device, open the Gmail app and log in if necessary.
- In the upper left corner, click the Menu (three horizontal lines).
- Click Settings after swiping down.
- To change the name of the linked Google Account, tap the email address connected to it.
- To manage your Google Account, choose it.
- Select Personal Info.
- Toggle the Name field on.
- Click Save after adding a new name.
Change Your Google Name on iPhone or iPad
Use the Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad to change the name of your account.
- Start Gmail on your phone first. Tap the hamburger menu in the top-left corner of the app (three horizontal lines).
- In Gmail, click the hamburger menu.
- When the menu appears, choose “Settings.”
- From the menu, select “Settings.”
- Click your Google account on the “Settings” screen.
- Go to the Google account option.
- “Manage Your Google Account” should be chosen.
- Simply select “Manage Your Google Account.”
- Click the “Personal Info” tab located just below your name.
- “Personal Info” tab should be selected.
- Pick your current name from the “Basic Info” box.
- Simply choose the current name.
- Simply choose the current name.
- Now type in your new name. Enter your new first name in the “First Name” area by tapping it. Enter your new last name in the “Last Name” section by tapping it.
- To save your changes, choose “Save.”
- On an iPhone, modify your Google account name.
That completes the process of modifying your Google account name. In the future, your new name will appear in all of Google’s services.
How to Add or Change Your Google Nickname
If you wish to show your first and last name together, you may set up a Google name (first and last) as well as a nickname.
To let people know that you want to be called “Jon,” for instance, if you wish to maintain your first and last name as “Johnson Smith,” you may set your nickname to “Jon.” After that, you may decide how you want your name to appear:
- Johnson, “Jon” Smith
- Johnson Smith (Jon)
- Johnson Smith (with no visible nickname).
The nickname you may create independently to use with the Google Home app is not the same as this one.
- Go to your Google About Me page and, if necessary, sign in using your account information.
- Choose a name.
- Select Edit in the Nickname field (pencil icon).
- After entering your nickname, click Save.
How do I change my account name on my Iphone?
Open Settings > General > About > Name. , enter a new name, then click Done.
- How to Change Google Voice Number
- How to Use Google Lens For PC
- How to create Google Analytics Account
How do i Add or change your profile picture
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Select Google, Manage your Google Account, and Personal information.
- Tap Photo under “Basic details.” Someone might ask you to sign in.
- Then choose Set Profile Picture. Drag your current profile image to the middle of the square after taking or selecting a new one.
- Hit “accept.”
In most areas where your photo appears, you may tap and modify your profile picture.