WhatsApp Payments Enable clearly intends to compete with other payment services like as Google Pay, PhonePe, and Paytm, among others, with WhatsApp Payments capabilities. Here’s a complete guide on using WhatsApp Payments if one haven’t already.
This year, WhatsApp finally launched its long-awaited payments capability. This was perhaps one of the most useful features introduced by the Meta-owned instant messaging platform in 2021.
We’ll show everyone how to get started with WhatsApp Payments and instantly send and receive money to bank accounts. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help people get started.
How To Setup WhatsApp Payments?
You can WhatsApp Payments Enable by these Steps: –
- Step 1: Open the WhatsApp app on any Android or iOS phone.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Settings section of the menu.
- Step 3: Scroll down to the Payment option and tap it.
- Step 4: Add bank account information by selecting a bank from the drop-down menu.
- Step 5: Ones bank account information has been successfully entered.
How To Send Money On WhatsApp Payments?
- Open the chat window with the person to whom users want to give money, then touch Attach, then Payment.
- Verify ones debit card information by tapping Continue.
- Enter ones debit card number’s last six digits as well as the expiration date.
- Select Done to create a UPI PIN.
- Pre-filling the OTP (One-Time Password) is possible.
- If this is not the case, an SMS with the OTP may be sent to ones phone.
- Under ENTER OTP, type the OTP.
- Tap Resend OTP to send another OTP to ones phone.
- Create a UPI PIN (Personal Identification Number) and enter it in the SETUP UPI PIN field, then press Submit.
- When the UPI setting is finished, hit Done.
- Open the chat with the person to whom users want to transfer money, then touch Attach, then Payment.
- Enter the amount of rupees users want to send.
- Tap Send after adding a payment description.
It should be noted that before sending a payment, users may be required to enter their UPI PIN. The transaction details, including one with a transaction ID, will be presented in the conversation once the payment has been sent.
Users won’t be able to send money if their contact isn’t set up to accept payments.
When users try to send them money, People will get the following message: “To accept a payment, go to Settings > Payments in WhatsApp and set up payments.”
How To Receive Money On WhatsApp Payments?
Users are ready to receive money if their bank account has already been added. Therefore, if their bank account is not linked to WhatsApp, users must follow these steps to receive money:
- Accept Payment should be selected.
- Tap Accept and Continue.
- Select Verify via SMS from the drop-down menu.
- Tap ones bank’s name from the list of banks.
- People will see a list of bank accounts linked to their phone number.
- To add a bank account to WhatsApp, tap it.
- Press the Done button.
Whatsapp currently partners with five Indian banks – ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, the State Bank of India, and Jio Payments Bank – and users can send money to anyone using a UPI-enabled app via WhatsApp.
It is necessary to have a bank account and a debit card in India to send money using WhatsApp Payments.
The Facebook-owned messaging app will transmit instructions to banks, also known as payment service providers, to start money transfers between sender and receiver bank accounts via UPI.
WhatsApp users can now send money to anyone who uses a UPI-enabled app.
When utilizing WhatsApp to make payments, each transaction requires a unique UPI PIN.
Is WhatsApp Payment Free?
Users will not be charged a transaction fee if they utilize WhatsApp Pay. However, a transaction on WhatsApp’s payment facility is limited to Rs 1 lakh.
Does SBI Have WhatsApp Banking?
SBI Card’s WhatsApp feature, WhatsApp Connect, allows customers to receive critical notifications about their SBI Card account via WhatsApp if they have enrolled to the service.
How Much Does WhatsApp Cost To Use?
WhatsApp’s key selling point is that it makes it possible to make and receive calls and messages with only an internet connection, making it essentially free to use and great for international calling.
There are no sign-up costs, and there are no data plan limits to worry about.
How Do I Get My WhatsApp UPI ID?
When users register for payments on WhatsApp, it will generate a new UPI ID for everyone. One may find this ID by heading to the app’s ‘payments’ area.
How Do I Activate WhatsApp Banking?
For ordinary bank-related inquiries, users do not need to subscribe to WhatsApp Banking. Anyone can add 70659 70659 to your contact list and begin a conversation by saying “Hi.” These services will be added to their account instantly.
What Is The Full Form Of UPI?
A smartphone application called a Unified Payment Interface (UPI) enables users to share money between bank accounts. The National Payments Corporation of India designed a single-window mobile payment system (NPCI).
Can Anyone Send Money Via WhatsApp?
Choose the person to whom users want to send money from their WhatsApp contact list.
Choose the payment option after opening the chat option. Users can also use the Scan QR Code option to send money.
Enter their UPI PIN and the amount.
How Use WhatsApp UPI?
Users must enable the WhatsApp Pay feature.
Click the ‘attachment’ icon in any WhatsApp conversation.
Select ‘Payment’ from the drop-down menu and enter the amount users want to pay to the individual.
Users can now add backdrops to this payment thanks to a recent upgrade.
Are WhatsApp Payments Secure?
Any payments made with WhatsApp Pay are secure because they are processed through the government’s UPI payments system.
Is WhatsApp Pay Available In India?
The payment service is currently available to all WhatsApp users in India through the WhatsApp mobile app. In India, the WhatsApp payments service was launched in November 2020.