How to check online your name on the voter list: Follow these simple steps
Many persons who are not registered on the voter list or who have just reached 18 want to verify if they are able to vote in the upcoming Assembly elections, which will be held in 5 states next month. To all those who are able to vote, the Election Commission of India gives a photo identification card termed a Voter ID Card, also termed an Electors Identity Card (EPIC).
In the 2018 elections, 18.34 crore voters, including 8.55 crore women, are able to vote in 5 states: Goa, Manipur, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, as well as Uttarakhand. 25 lakh voters would be voting for the first time. As a result, it is critical for voters to understand how to verify their names on the voter list.
Here’s how you can check your name online on the voter list
- Visit the National Voters’ Service Portal (NVSP) website to double-check that your name is spelled correctly.
- You must now go to the official website.
- There will be a Search in Electoral Role option on the top page.
- You must select that option, and after doing so, a webpage will appear, prompting you to enter your information.
- The redesigned portal now provides two options for checking a name on the voter list.
- This is the 1st search option that requires you to input your name, father’s or husband’s name, age, date of birth, as well as gender. You must next input your state, district, as well as assembly constituency after submitting these details.
- Another way to look for something is to use the EPIC number. You must enter your EPIC number as well as state in this procedure.
- You must authorise this information on the website for both of these alternatives by submitting a captcha code at the conclusion.
- Once you’ve entered all of your information, the webpage will display your voter registration information.
Read Also/Android 13: Everything You Need to Know Best About New Google’s Next System
How to use SMS to look up your name on the voter list
- In the section for mobile messages, type EPIC.
- Now enter the number on your voter identification card.
- This SMS should be sent to 9211728082 or 1950.
- Once you send the SMS, you will receive a response with your polling station number and name.
- If no record can be discovered, you won’t be able to find out if your name is on the voter list.
Voter ID Card, also known as Electors Identity Card (EPIC), is a photo identity card issued by the Election Commission of India to all those persons who are eligible to vote. At the time of elections, it is a challenging task to make a list of those people who are eligible to vote in the election. The main purpose of creating a Voter ID card is to register those eligible for voting and reach these people to the voting station at the time of election.
People May Ask
Q- What is the Class 9 voter list?
A- The Electoral Roll, which is formally listed as the Voters’ List and is usually known as the Voter List, is compiled considerably before the election as well as provided to everyone in a democratic election.
Q- How do I get my voter identification number back?
A- For a duplicate voter id, the user must complete the steps outlined below.
- By entering an email address, you will be able to register.
- Check your email address by looking at the messages you’ve received.
- For your account, create a password.
- Select “Replacement of Voter ID” from the dashboard.
- The user will utilize the Voter ID number or the information to find and verify the information.
Q- What is the other name for a voter list?
A- An electoral roll (also known as an electoral register, voters roll, poll book, or other terms) is a list of people who are eligible to vote in specific elections in a given jurisdiction.
Q- What is Form 8 in the context of voter identification?
A- Form-8 can be used to make changes to a person’s information on the electoral roll. After the draught publication of the constituency’s electoral roll, the application can be lodged. The application must be submitted within the timeframe specified for the purpose.